View Single Post
Old 04-27-09, 02:02 PM
Kojak

Bikes: 2002 Litespeed Vortex - 2007 Trek Madone 5.9 - 2004 Redline Conquest Pro - Specialized S-Works Festina Team Model - 93 Cannondale M 800 Beast of the East

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by JeffS
Compared to EVERY equivalent tire on the market.

I think I had two flats in the rear and a large gash in the front tire. Booted it for a while and eventually had to trash it with about 95% tread left on the front and 50% on the rear. Turned out to be a really expensive set for me.

They weren't any worse than the other tires I've run flat-wise, but they weren't any better either.

- high grip
- comfortable
- expensive
- slow
???

I'm generally very neutral with my posts on this board, but I'll have to take exception with this one. The compound and carcass construction of this tire dictates that it is empirically a fast tire, particularly when compared to a tire of similar size and inflation specifications. We will always have customers that have bad experiences with regard to punctures and flats; we all have bad luck occasionally. But slow? ... not this tire.

Expensive; that will always be in the eye of the beholder. Again, if one falls victim to bad luck, a good purchase becomes an expensive one instantly. Our overwhelming experience has been that the majority of our customers love these tires for their performance, endurance and puncture protection.

Last edited by Kojak; 04-27-09 at 02:09 PM.