View Single Post
Old 02-02-05, 09:46 AM
Netcelt

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I try and support my LBS when I can. However if their price is quite a bit over what I can get it for online then I have to buy it online. I support local business but I also have to support myself and my family. The amount of price difference is always the factor. There is also the issue of what I call bike shop posers. My local (and only) bike shop is staffed with wannabe Lances. Every time I go in there to get a replacement part or tire or tube for my 7-year old GT mountain bike tourer I get scoffed at. They all own fancy carbon fiber bikes (worth many thousands) and usually have no time to help the guy or gal who actually uses their real bike. I have even tried riding with them on Saturday mornings and can keep up with some of them. This has served to make them more cheesed off because I ride with new balances, track bottoms and a plain cotton T-shirt, and on a mountain bike. The guy on the mountain bike and street clothes has just unjustified their $6000 carbon ultralight bike that was supposed to have made them faster. So I have been discouraged and now just ride by myself or with a few unlycrad friends and only visit the bike shop if I need something right away.