Old 02-02-05, 10:14 AM
Corsaire
Dancing on the Pedals

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Dealing with pedant/snobby roadies

Last Saturday, I was by myself riding my planned 50 mile route when by mile 4th crossed paths, coming from an intersection, with a group of roadies, all apparently wearing the same jersey uniform colors of their local team perhaps and riding their race, high tech bikes. As I approached the street corner - where they’re coming from - to make a right onto, I hear a sarcastic comment from who seems to be the leader of the pack: “Yeah! let’s just cut off this biker, blah, blah, blah” couldn’t hear the rest but they all laughed.
Of course, I had chosen to ride my Volpe that day, rear rack, fenders and Armadillos installed. They must’ve thought I was gonna go straight but instead I made a quick right to the street where they were coming from, I kind of looked sideways to see their reaction, they seemed startled and I just smile sarcastically to myself, thinking: what a bunch of dorks!
If you think you’re so cool just because you’re pretending to look like a racer, or perhaps you are for that matter with your high-tech gear/bike,(which I happened to have as well, but just chose not to wear/ride that day), then just keep it to yourself and respect other roadies who may not look just the way you think it should be.
This is not the first time either. On another occasion I was also riding my touring looking Volpe, when I bumped into this ‘racer”, who I say Hi to, and he looked down at my as if “where is this thing coming from?”, it’s like HE only belonged to the road, just because he looks like a racer, or pretends to be one.
To all of you out there who think that just because you dress and ride looking like racer (perhaps you are: who cares!) and because of that you’re so cool and no one else belong on the road: screw you!
Corsaire