Old 04-30-09, 08:40 PM
Camilo

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1109 Post(s)
Liked 1,200 Times in 760 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Order
According to the cyclist in this story, the cop's first words to him were "You guys shouldn't be riding in the road," not "Pull over." And according to the cyclist, he responded to that opinion that he shouldn't be riding in the road by saying "We have as much right to be in the road as you do."
Yea, like I said, the two accounts are nothing but a pissing match between two sources for which I have no confidence - because I wasn't there and I don't know either party. I'm certainly not going to give the benefit of the doubt to the cyclist because plenty of them are arrogant and lack good judgement and there's plenty in both accounts to indicate so. I'm certainly not going to give the benefit of the doubt to the cop just because he's a cop because I've met plenty who are incompetent and officious... again there's plenty in both accounts to indicate so. And, I'm not going to argue minutae like this with you because there's no point. My only point is that my OPINION is that the cyclist, right or wrong, could have avoided the overblown physical confontration. So could have the cop - but the cop wasn't the one who suffered, therefore I feel the cyclist made a mistake allowing or causing the escalation.