View Single Post
Old 05-02-09, 01:24 AM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Not much between the bikes on specs so it is down to two things to do. Wait for recommendations and test ride each model.

The test ride would give you an idea on what suits you. Each bike is different but one would say "Buy me".

Now on a recomendation. The Giant FCR3. This is one I can recommend- but this is only on test riding them. I do have an FCR1 but converted to drop bars. Several friends have them though and they are pleased with the bike. Both riding and reliability. If I do have a criticism- and it would be the same on all the bikes- then it it would be the wheels- but then I am not happy with the stock wheels on most bikes. And I would recommend the FCR over the Seek bikes in the Giant range.

And as to upgrades-They only get done as parts wear out and that will not happen for a while on the FCR. Or you could go mad and convert the FCR into a road bike as the frame and most components are the same as the Giant OCR range. Attached is my FCR converted to road use.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
FCR.jpg (101.5 KB, 10 views)

Spike Milligan