View Single Post
Old 05-03-09, 08:54 PM
Fastflyingasian
Draft Producer

Bikes: fuji CCR 1.0 carbon,Surley Pacer,02 norco shore freeride MTB, cannondale rigid MTB, Fuji aloha 1.0, Monty trials bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by posit
Great job. Which tri did you do? I am doing my first tri in July, the sprint in Winchendon. I just got my klein bike but plan on riding the tri route twice this month and then at least once a week up until the event. Doing any other tri's this summer? I registered as a newbie rather then a clydesdale so I can start with a few friends doing the tri. How bad is the bricking?
i did the Ludlow, Ma Sheriff Sprint Pool Triathlon/Duathlon. so there was 2 events running at the same time. i totally plan on doing at least 1 or 2 more tri's this year maybe one in july. i say 1 or 2 because i plan on doing some bike racing too. i had a great time so i have to do more. i wont be happy till i win my or a division. the chaos of the swim made the transitions much harder than they had to be. it was a hurry up and wait because when you sign up they made you approximate your swim time so that only faster people are in front of you. when a log jam happens and everybody bunches up because of someone slower, you are not swimming smoothly. now you are slowing down then accelarating so you can pass, rinse and repeat. i didnt feel like i swam 6 laps, i felt like i swam over a quarter of a mile. most of my training over the last 3 months was not just work on one sport then another, most of it was bricks. so i always made sure i match up a run with a bike or a swim with a run etc. otherwise you end up with wobbly legs and the first time i went from a big swim in the pool then hopped on the treadmill i almost fell off a few times. my friends followed with My advise as a first timer would be to expect to be much more drained than doing the same distances solo. i did a good job of racing my own race, but the swim affected me for the rest of the race because of the extra efforts i ended up putting in.