Thread: Toronto Fixed
View Single Post
Old 05-04-09, 12:35 PM
trueno92
Building a better Strida

Bikes: bianchi brava 1988. fuji track 2007, 2006 Bianchi Pista, 1987 Miele and a strida knock off

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
UGH, i have a hub that im using,

HOWEVER, I have a contact that unloads quite a few 80;s bikes on craigslist and we were supposed to meet up this weekend for a wheelset. he said that older stuff like what ur looking for should be $20/wheelset.

he is in north york and i can do the legwork for you, no probs.

will that regina freewheel work with a uniglide hub tho?

KEEP IT 126mm spacing!!!!!

---------------------------

anyways, my miele project is going OKAY.. but i couldn't remove the drive side bottom bracket cap thing. i tried to hacksaw it down to size for my pipe wrench (the cap is like 3 mm too wide), but my saw didn't even scratch it. its like some hardened alloy or something.. I'll have to find:
1. bigger pipe wrench
or
2. bigger saw

on another note, the wheelset I located has some suntour free wheel mounted on it. I found some site that said these can be disassembled. The thing is that these freewheels have the 2 of the smallest cogs threaded, to lock onto the freewheel.

SOOOO what I am thinking is to remove all the cogs and then leave the 2 smallest cogs on it.. should be a 16t + 14t.

Now, add this to the Miele frame that has horozontal dropouts......

I am asking this:

Has anyone built up a single speed using rear horozontal dropouts and a 2 speed rear freewheel? I was hoping that by having the wheel forward in the dropout could let me use the larger gear and kicking back in the dropout would let me use the smaller gear!!!

it would be like a dual-single-speed!!!!

but i am thinking the dropout won't be long enough (approx 1 inch)