Thread: GrassHopper fx
View Single Post
Old 05-04-09, 09:03 PM
justducky

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
kurtis - I paid the same as the list price that is posted on the hpvelo website. You might be able to negotiate something lower though. The shop I bought it from gave me such good service I didn't feel right about trying to get a lower price. It wasn't cheap and shipping from Germany added a couple hundred more. I'm a bit of a tightwad so it was a huge leap for me to spend so much money. After researching for months and test riding the few bikes available around here I really felt this was the right bike for the long haul.

He did offer accessories, panniers, etc at his cost though. I really wanted the rohloff but sticker shock got the best of me so I skipped it for now. My wife is also thinking about getting a hopper after she test rides mine a bit more. If we follow though on our extended touring plans I'll upgrade to a rohloff before we set off but that is still many moons away.

After the weather improves where I'm at and the miles begin to add up I plan to write a detailed review that I'll post here - along with some video of folding it and the bike in general.