Old 05-06-09, 10:30 AM
berkdeep

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
motobecane fantom uno - single speed commuter?

just moved to tacoma, and i'm interested in a single speed commuter to get me to work and back, but also cruisin, visiting gig harbor, maybe even 50 mile rides? i'm a fairly strong mountain biker, but i don't really know much about cruisers. definitely want a single speed for easy upkeep, not too interested in fixed gear, and after a bunch of research it's come to this question -

will the motobecane fantom uno let me do all of this?

i'm looking to put front/rear fenders and a rack on the rear as bare minimun, with the possibility of a front rack as needed. 42c tires if needed. this frame/fork combo on bike island can fit them all.

would cantilever brakes prevent me from attaching any of the above accessories? i'd be buying the frame to build up on my own, and canti's are cheap and easy (i'm even more clueless of v-brakes, so i'd rather prefer cantilevers)

finally, and i know everyone has a frickin conniption fit when this comes up, but i think i'd get the 56cm size. i'm just shy of 6'1" tall, 32.25" inseam, and all the bikes i've so far test ridden at various stores have fit similar to the 56cm model's numbers. any input

any help or opinions would be killer...thanks