View Single Post
Old 05-10-09, 03:18 PM
uspspro
Tandem Mountain Climber

Bikes: Calfee Tandem, Litespeed Gravel, SuperSix Evo HM, Larry vs. Harry Bullitt (e-cargo)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
I joined for part of "recovery" Sunday.

I met up with Ron (who was solo) on Crystal Springs. We climbed Polhemus went over the path/bridge to Canada, rode up Canada and stopped at Robert's for water.

At that point Ron continued south on his ride and my recovery ride became more of a solo fast ride. I climbed up King's Mtn at a good pace, then turned right to head north on Skyline towards 92.

Skyline north of Kings is a road less traveled for many BF'ers but it is a lot of fun! Some 50x11 100+ rpm sections for sure, and a few rollers to mix things up.

Then I descended 92 EB from Skyline to the left turn to continue on 35. The descent down 92 was fun. You have to keep the speed up in order to stake you claim to the lane, but it was easy to do. I was right on the tail of a line of cars but not on my brakes. In other words, they were going just my speed. On that section I hit 46.5 mph.

Continued left on to the quick "power climb" up Skyline to the Crystal Springs trailhead. I decended Crystal Springs, and headed back home.

I got:
35.21 miles
3641 feet of climbing
bikely -> http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/home-kings-35-92

Ride time: 2:05
Avg Speed: 16.8 mph

Nice quick ride on a beautiful Sunday. Thanks Ron for getting me out there.

Last edited by uspspro; 05-10-09 at 03:28 PM.