View Single Post
Old 05-12-09, 11:03 PM
jgrant75
gridlock junky

Bikes: 1944 JC Higgens Cruiser, 1988 Univega Aero Speed, 1993 GT Ricochet, 2005 Electra Cruiser, 2006 Cervelo Dual, 2007 IRO Mark V

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
as an architect i'll bring up the issue of ramping and curb cuts at raised sidewalks as a requirement under the current "accessible path of travel requirements" of the American with Disabilities Act. those things cost way too much money for what they are. if you can get away from using them by drawing a path of travel into the street you just saved yourself part of the budget...

...to me this just sounds like a way the city could get around Federal requirements. value engineering at the cost of public safety.

i just dont understand why the "Barrier Busters" aren't lobbying for improved sidewalks!!! It doesn't take much for someone to go out with a tape measure, laser level and a wheel chair and take a trip around the city to come up with evidence for a class action lawsuit or something against the city in question.

maybe Mike Devereaux just gets a thrill "driving" his wheelchair in traffic.
i bet he just wants more open space to throttle that electric wheel chair into overdrive.