Old 05-13-09, 02:33 PM
wfrogge

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lxpatterson
I recently had the experience of receiving a set of Disney First-time Readers from Grolier books, which I had apparently ordered online. I did not order such a thing (since I have no children and am reasonably literate) and so I had this returned and that was not a problem. I was curious, however, about how my credit card info (I was billed) and address was obtained by grolier. They said I had signed up for it through the web, but I didnt remember doing such a thing. I looked at the info that they had on me and one clue was that the home phone number i had given was actually my work number. So I looked up all the accounts I have online (ie. contact lens, ebay, nashbar, performance...etc.) and the only one that has that error is the nashbar account. Clearly, they had sold my info to Grolier. The security policy for Nashbar also indicates that they can share your credit card and contact info to third party 'affiliates' unless otherwise stated.

So this is just a warning about Nashbar. Yeah, their prices are cheap, but there's definitely a price to pay.