View Single Post
Old 05-15-09, 03:26 PM
bikesdirect_com

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ElGordo
Hey, I'm new to this forum and to riding fixed gear bikes. I've ridden BMX and mountain bikes my whole life and I'm shopping for a fixie for commuting and getting in better shape.

I emailed BD to see about availability of an orange Mercier Kilo TT in 53cm and I got this carbon copy email refering me to the newsletter (i.e. the email subscription so Bd get your money and hopefully never have to actually communicate with you). I subscribed to the "newsletter" but it didn't answer my questions so I emailed again asking when it would be available and I explained that the newsletter didn't help me. A few days later I got a super rude email from "TH" at Bd basically talking to me like I was a 4 year old. I wasn't rude at all in my emails to Bd so I was shocked to get a response like I did from TH.

Anyways, long story short I won't be giving my hard earned money to a company that treats people like s*** when they're trying to give them money.

Has anyone else had this experience or did I just get a guy whose dog just got run over?

Also, can some folks offer some suggestions for a good non-BD fixie that's offordable?
I'll search the forum as well. Thanks.
These bikes are selling out as fast as we can unload them
but that is no reason for anyone to be rude - and I have weekly meetings on the issue of good customer service

Please PM me a copy of the 'rude' e-mail; so I can get to the root of this issue

We are trying to make ship dates clear on the site
and send out updates on the newsletter very often

I am sorry if any of my employees was rude - that is not part of my system and I will not put up with it. I would love to see this exchange of e-mails

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." – Mahatma Gandhi