View Single Post
Old 02-07-05, 07:12 AM
galen_52657
Banned.

Bikes: 2001 Look KG 241, 1989 Specialized Stump Jumper Comp, 1986 Gatane Performanc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Warm and cool at the same time…..

The weather reports leading up to the weekend were favorable. Earlier in the week I had planned on skiing at a near-by resort. But, predictions of highs in the upper forties/low fifties for the weekends melted that idea!

Sunday I hit the road with my sweetie. We left the house at about 12:30. The temperature was about 50 degrees – a welcome relief from riding with heavy gloves, face masks and thick tights.

But….there was still a lot of snow on the ground. Roads were complete clear, excepting for occasional puddles but still 3-4” of snow cover every place else. This made for a strange and wonderful sensory experience! The air was cold from the snow…but our bodies were warmed from the sun beating down through a cloudless blue sky!

We stopped at our favorite out-of-the-way park, trudged through the snow and took a respite, stretching out on a picnic table - sunbathing! (we kept our cloths on…though there was some discussion…..) In early February!!!

All in all a great day…. I hope others got out too!