View Single Post
Old 05-18-09, 02:08 AM
lyen
Lyen

Bikes: Dahon 2007 Cadenza, 2006 Speed Pro, 2005 Helios SL, 2004 Roo El, Minimoto Electric Bike, USPD Currie Electro Drive Electric Bike, Schwinn Scooter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by The Big Wheel
Hi Lyen, I was going to PM but then decided to ask you this question here in case it might help someone else out.

I really like the specs on your ebike #2.

How much did your bike weigh before all of the modifications?

Can you please post links to everything that I would need to build your e-bike #2? I really like the 27mph speed as well as the 15 mile range. Thanks!

Also, how much was the total price? Not including the cost of the bike of course.
Hello The Big Wheel! I have noticed that you are also on the Walmart ebike tread. The bike weights around 34lbs prior electrified. The total price is controller + motor $379, 2 x Nimh batteries $790, Throttle $45, rack $35, battery bag $45, transmission (gears/chain/freewheel assembly) $180. Total excluding the bike is $1474 + tax + shipping. You may want to get the cheapest Wally ebike, and buy a 3 x 12v batteries. Hook them is series along with the existing one that comes with the bike and get a 48v controller + throttle, then you are all set for much less.