Old 05-18-09, 08:01 AM
El Diablo Rojo
Banned.

Bikes: Ridley Noah-Scott Addict-Orbea Ordu

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Look this isn't the first time riders have raised the safety question, this has been going on for decades...these guys are not prima donna's, we didn't see them stop at the top of the climb and refuse to make a very dangerous descent in the rain. This course was laid out in a very dangerous fashion. These guys are not like us...if we roll up to a course that could easily put one of us in the hospital then we can walk away. There are no team managers or sponsors breathing down our backs for a result. These guys have to race, and if a promoter or race director has handed them a course that could very easily end their season much less their lives I believe the riders have every reason to take action. I'm sorry that some of you were bored yesterday. I'm sorry that you feel that you were somehow robbed because these guys didn't want to risk their skin for your enjoyment. Frankly given that fact that 99% of the time these guys lay it out and do things on a bike that few, if any, of us could even come close to, I'll forgive them for feeling like they had to take a stand. Please remember that the majority of these guys make very little money. If you consider how many hours they have to put into being ''prima donna's" their hourly salary is ****e. I doubt that most of us would accept the effort/reward ratio that it takes to be a professional bike racer. Yet some can sit here and complain about the fact that they were robbed of a show yesterday. Unbelievable.

Anyway back to the race (which I feel has been excellent), I'll bet the road bike/aerobar choice will be the prevailing one.

BTW someone buy the stuff I have listed for gods sake.

Last edited by El Diablo Rojo; 05-18-09 at 08:26 AM.