Old 05-19-09, 05:09 PM
StuAff

Bikes: Dahon Jetstream XP '04, a Dahon Cadenza '07

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pibach
I don't think these are the reasons. In fact the Marathon Racers are among fastest tires - you can pump them pretty hard. Also more gears have almost no impact, see single speed racers. You can ride the Mu P8 in quite streamlined position. Its a bit Graham O'Brien like ;-)

yes, the single piece main tube design of the swift might be stiffer. And if you have a very strong stroke, the flex of the Mu frame can absorb some energy. But this won't be much.
BTW, the last Smithfield Nocturne has been won by a Dahon MU SL rider. Second Airnimal. Then Swift. These bikes are all three fast. The Mu SL is a tiny bit faster than my MTB with slicks (don't have a full size racing bike to compare). But I feel quite a difference in speed between my Mu SL and my Mu XL Sport. I attribute it mostly to the gear hub and the wheelset, plus the stiffer handlepost on the Mu Sl (non telescoping). Also the pedals are important. Lastly the Pantour hub allows for better front traction and thus slightly faster cornering.
Think you meant Graham Obree Peter Good points though...