Old 05-21-09, 05:40 PM
ImRael
A Free Radical

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fauxto nick
20% is NOT an incredible deal, it's an average discount a club member gets from a local shop. I got 30% off my new System Six and I don't even think that was that great of a deal, I just really wanted my bike, and they're becoming scarce at shops.

Putting that on your credit card w/o the means to pay it off is extremely irresponsible. I'm putting about a $700 on my credit card with the means to pay it off within two weeks and I feel extremely irresponsible even doing that.

Then compound that with the fact that if you're not able to pay it off by your next billing cycle you'll probably end up paying a fiance fee on the balance so your "great deal" will soon become an average deal, then a ****ty deal, and god knows it wouldn't be out of the question that you might lose money on the whole situation.

The awesome thing about great deals is they'll always be there, don't rush into this. I'm not some old curmudgeon either, I'm 24 and have to pass up "great deals" all the time. Sure I'd love to go buy some Speedplays at 30% off, and then a new Selle Italia saddle for my bike for 30% off but in the end I know that if I lose my job and am sitting with a CC balance I can't pay, all the cool schwag in the world won't help.

Living within my means is a hard lesson to learn (I struggle with it myself) but the happiest I ever am is when I have money in the bank.

I'd say if there is even a little chance you would pay finance on that deal, don't go for it. trust me you won't regret not going for it.

Think about it.

A big +1.

To the OP: Put what you would be spending on cc debt/intrest in the bank. Then go get your bike.