View Single Post
Old 05-24-09, 07:52 AM
Barrettscv 
Have bike, will travel

Bikes: Ridley Helium SLX, Canyon Endurance SL, De Rosa Professional, Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra, Schwinn Paramount (1 painted, 1 chrome), Peugeot PX10, Serotta Nova X, Simoncini Cyclocross Special, Raleigh Roker, Pedal Force CG2 and CX2

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 910 Post(s)
Liked 288 Times in 158 Posts
Hi TT,

I'm not sure I'll ever hit my goal of 180 lbs. I was over 240 at the beginning on 2008 and I'm now under 215. The next 35 pounds will be difficult and I have yet to do what I need to do to reach that goal.

One year ago I returned to cycling with the purchase of a new bike for commuting. I enjoyed bikes when I was in my teens, but had probably ridden less than 100 miles in the last 35 years. I’m down about 35 lbs. More important, I'm more fit and am enjoying a more active lifestyle.

During the last year I’ve ridden more than 3000 miles, I'll have ridden 500 miles in April plus expect to ride another 500 in May.

I enjoy skiing and was able to join a group of avid & pro skiers for an event at Jackson Hole without gasping for air at the end of every run.

I did my first unsupported (near) century on Friday by completing 94 miles solo. It went well enough that I'll ride that distance two or three times a month from this point forward.

I'm also a gear geek and enjoy personalizing my bike & related gear. I really enjoy the avid cyclists and people in the industry, the focus on fitness and fun fulfills an important part of my soul.

I'm not sure I'll ever reach all my goals, the reward is in the journey.

Michael
When I ride my bike I feel free and happy and strong. I'm liberated from the usual nonsense of day to day life. Solid, dependable, silent, my bike is my horse, my fighter jet, my island, my friend. Together we will conquer that hill and thereafter the world.

Last edited by Barrettscv; 05-24-09 at 08:05 AM.