View Single Post
Old 02-09-05, 09:32 AM
FLyBOy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Price these cranks.

Hey, awhile back I got a new crankset, so obviosly I had my old one taken off. Well my friend has a 1-peice crankset (mostlikely unsealed) on his old Dyno and was wanting to buy my old crankset. Here is my old cranksets specs:

1) Forged 100% cromoly crank arms. (They're not tubular)

2) Machined 19mm, 8-spline cromoly spindle.

3) Unsealed, 9-ball bearing rings.

4) Aluminum thread-on dustcaps, for both sides.

5) And all of the original spacers and acsessories that it came stock with on my bike.

The crank arms are slightly scratched, but are in excellent condition. I've had this crankset on my bike for a little under a year, but I've kept it (as I do with all of my bikes components) in excellent shape. I've cleaned every component off, so it's all ready to be installed. So since it's used and all, and I'll probably not need them again, what would you recomend a fair price to sell them for?

PS: I forgot to mention that he'll probably have to have the local bike shop install them, and that'll cost him an extra 20 to 30 dollars. And there is one thing that I'm not sure about. One of the ball bearing rings doesn't keep the balls held in; so in other words, when I pop the balls into the ring they just roll back out. The other ring still has the ball bearings in it, and they don't fall out, so I don't know if that is how it's suposed to be or not. It just came like that when I got it back from the shop. Would that be something that would need to be replaced? Because if it is, it would cost him even more, and I want it to be a fair deal for him. Thanks alot!