Thread: Ripped Off!!!
View Single Post
Old 02-09-05, 03:56 PM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by berny
To sprint meant we would have to pass the higher grade.
In light of the fact that the lower grades are not allowed to 'draft' off higher grades and are expected to leave a 20m gap to the last rider of a higher grade, I'm a tad perplexed as to what action should have taken in those circumstances. It seems ridiculous to just sit back and coast over the line at normal riding pace but to contest a sprint finish would/did put you in the middle of the higher grade**********
When an official was questioned post race he just shrugged his shoulders.
Any thoughts?
Bern
I would have thought that as you were accelerating and catching the higher grade riders, and hopefully pass them, it would have been obvious to the officials that you were not trying to take an illegal advantage. Just because the riders in front are taking it easy, Should not mean that you should jeopadise your chance of a better time. It could also be contested that the higher grade riders were going so slow, that it could have appeared that they had a problem that meant that they were going to pull out at the bell and not do the last lap.

I know there are rules in racing and they must not be broken, but as I found out when I was racing, They can be bent a bit.