Old 05-26-09, 08:49 PM
zerocool33
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Situation

Well I have my Trek 6500 on consignment at my bike shop after purchasing a 09' Gary Fisher Presidio, and while I was enjoying my weekend I realized how much I miss my MTB. It is the first time in 15yrs of riding that I don't own a MTB. It has been very hard to adjust, but don't get me wrong, I love the Presidio, just not sure if I should of spent that kind of $ on a cyclocross/road bike right away. So when my bike is sold I will be left with about $550. I want a MTB again. I will be looking at Gary Fisher and Trek. I am in the dilemma on whether I am going to go with a 29er this time, or stay with the 26". Either or, i am on a limited budget, and the Fisher Mamba and Fisher Tassajara is what I am looking at. Not a fan of shimano too much (SRAM for life beotch ) and that's what the Mamba comes with. The Tassajara would fulfill all my needs, but I must say I am curious about 29ers, and the Mamba looks like something I could build up with SRAM and better components later on. Do I go with the Tassajara and be content right away, or are 29ers all they're cracked up to be and worth the little bit of hassle to upgrade later on? Just curious on everyone's opinions seeing as how I have only ridden 26". I would definitely not be able to spend more than $1000.