View Single Post
Old 05-26-09, 10:12 PM
steveymcdubs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cc700
just don't lock it up outside overnight. u district is hood as hell.

if you get it, pm me and we can ride, or hit up point 83.

also, i am jealous of your meal card working at which wich.
Originally Posted by lonesomesteve
I live up the road a few blocks from where you took that picture in Ravenna and I ride up the Ave almost every day on my way home from work downtown. I ride a Bianchi Volpe that I converted to single speed. The Volpe is basically the same frame as the San Jose, but set up for gears.

I ride my Bianchi all over Seattle. There aren't too many hills that I can't ride up. Some times I have to stand up and grunt a bit, but eventually I get to where I'm going.

So, yes you can do it single speed or fixed. Personally I prefer SS, but that's me. If you haven't been riding much, it might be some work for you at first, but stick with it and it will get easier. And I love my Volpe, so I think the San Jose would be a great choice. If you plan on riding year round in Seattle, fenders aren't a bad idea and the San Jose will take them much better than a Pista or a lot of other track bikes. Oh and yes, that's a good price.
Haha damn, small world right? I actually live right on the ave between 42nd and 43rd where that pic was taken so no meal card for me. They gouge the hell outta you with that stuff charging $8 for some ****ty pasta in lander/terry.

Alright then, I'll give it a shot and letcha know what happens.