View Single Post
Old 05-28-09, 12:04 AM
steveymcdubs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
So here's some background story:

I guess I've never been too serious about bikes and rode them about as much as any ordinary kid.

Like I said, I was looking for a new bike to get around town with and just for fun, so I started checking craigslist for something to try w/ a budget of $300.

I found a 2004 Cannondale R800 Sport road bike for $295, which I picked up quickly for being such a good deal. It was in pretty crappy shape, so I tuned it up and put some new brake pads on it, etc. I rode it around a bit, but it seemed like major overkill.

I found the guy that sold me the bike tonight thru craigs a few days ago. He was looking for a road bike and I was looking for a commuter bike. He offered his Bianchi and $180 for my Cannondale. I probably coulda gotten more for it, but he was a nice guy and drove two hours to come pick it up.

Long story short, I got this Bianchi for pretty cheapsies. Starting with $300, I now have the San Jose and $185 to play around with. Like I said though, I'm pretty new to single speed bikes, so I could use some specific recommendations on upgrades that'll go a long way (Pedals are #1 on my priorities).

Thanks in advance brosefs/brosefines.