bragi
bragi

Bikes: LHT

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by wolfchild
So I was riding home from work and as I was going through an intersection, some idiot on the opposite side of the road waiting at the red light rolls down his window sticks out his brainless head and yells, Hey you ****** ! , at me. It wasn't the driver but a passenger in that vehicle. Now I am a type of person that gets very easily pissed off when somebody bothers me for no reason. So I get all these thoughts in my mind, thinking if I should just catch up with him and take my U Lock and just smash his vehicle. So I have a question for everybody here. Has anybody ever used their U Lock or chain to smash the vehicle when they were harrassed ? Did you get charged ? Is it worth it ? Or would I get charged ? The reason I am so angry is not because of the name calling but because of the hostile negative attitude that this guy had on him, and all because I was on a bicycle.
It's not worth it to let some idiot ruin your day. I used to get all aggressive and in-your-face when drivers (or passengers) gave me a hard time, but now I just give them a "you're an idiot" look, and continue on my way without saying anything at all. It's much healthier for you not to waste your energy on such people.

A couple of years ago, a passenger in a car behind me got irritated at me because I took the lane at a red light. He yelled, "What, you think you're a car?" I responded by riding up to his window, giving him the finger and telling him to f*ck off. He got out of the car, enraged, and tried to fight me. I threw my bike down, and was ready to go, but the driver intervened, gently slapped the back of his friend's head, and told him to get back in the car, which he meekly did, once he realized what a spectacle he was making of himself. I felt like an idiot myself; had I not been so confrontational over something as trivial as a taunt from a drunk guy in a car, I could have avoided a situation that made me look as stupid as the drunk guy.