Beaker
moth -----> flame

Bikes: 11 CAAD 10-4, 07 Specialized Roubaix Comp, 98 Peugeot Horizon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
1st BF NorCal Diablo KOM Challenge

The votes are in and we're doing Diablo boys and girls.

UPDATE WITH NEW INFO

DATE - SATURDAY JULY 25th

START LOCATION - ATHENIAN SCHOOL, parking @ Athenian after 8:30am, 8:30 or earlier use Creekledge Rd across Diablo Road

SUMMIT TIME - 10:30AM

HOW IT WORKS FOR RIDERS

Here's the concept - time yourself up Diablo South Gate from Athenian (route is here http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path...-KOM-Challenge ). Once you've got a time, I'll assign start times - most leisurely BF climber goes first, followed by the next fastest - delayed by the difference in their qualifying times, then the next fastest and so on. Theoretically if everyone equals their qualifying climbing time, we'd all finish at the summit together. This should make for a fascinating finish between folks who don't normally ride together on climbs

HOW IT'LL RUN

I'll show up ahead of the first rider and have a departure list and watch/stopwatch. As each rider goes, we'll note the time on the list. I'll head up to the summit and pass off the list, leaving the fastest rider to bring up the list and stopwatch.

I'll leave ahead of my timed slot to get to the summit early. I'll be there with a check-in list to record the "official" climb time, take some pictures of everyone enjoying the summit wall together and give it some cowbell.

TIMES

Here is the scheduled departure time. I've PM'd some of you already, please take a look at the list, and your scheduled start time and PM me to confirm you're in. I suggest that you show up ready at least 15mins ahead of your scheduled slot (i.e. allow for traffic/mechanicals if you ride to the start etc.)

Last edited by Beaker; 07-24-09 at 08:22 AM.