Old 05-31-09, 05:42 PM
folder fanatic
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by longlong14
i use nail polish. im not that anal and nobody can tell a difference as long as they're not staring directly at the spot.
It is not a matter of "looks" so much as protecting the frame from corrosion. If using nail polish would do as good, don't you think that the bike makers would use it or a form of it?-after all, they want to keep their costs as low as possible. A pot of metal paint is still affordable, more accurate to apply and blend it into the surrounding undamaged paint, and could be thinned and cleaned by using Turpentine. Nail polish is not as easy to thin. It is a real hassle to take if off my nails. And does not blend as well as using paint. When my Boardwalk was new, it suffered a great deal of deep metal baring scratches. I bought a pot of near perfect match metal paint from my local model train hobby shop. I just rode the bike today and even inspected the formerly damaged spot. If I used nail polish, I am not so sure that it will last as long.

The paint is still on solid and not chipping or flaking off after over 5 years. And if you follow my suggestions and method of application, you are assured of the same results.

Last edited by folder fanatic; 05-31-09 at 05:49 PM.