Old 06-02-09, 12:47 PM
duppie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tunnel rider
Sunday I went on the Badger Trail. Just north of Monticello I was surprised by two sandhill cranes tending to their baby. Because there is some brush along the trail with open spaces I was able to get some great photos of the cranes. My goal was to take pictures of the trail with all the wild flowers in bloom and seeing cranes really put me in the bonus. Of course a stop at the tunnel for pictures was also included. Overall the trail is a 9 on a rating of 1 to 10 with some loose gravel thinly covering trail in places. The trail is great for those wanting long distance training with two state trails meeting here in Monticello. It is also a wonderful trail for those who have families and are riding only short distances. Check out the trail yourself this summer. www.badger-trail.com
Pics or it didn't happen

Having ridden the part from New Glarus to Monroe and New Glarus to Brodhead (different but connecting trail) myself, I can attest that these trails make for some great riding. We saw turtles, snakes, deer, and all kinds of birds on or near the path.
Duppi