View Single Post
Old 06-05-09, 03:25 PM
Vireo
labeled rude by nOObs

Bikes: Tommasini Tecno, Pinarello Tandem, Milwaukee Bicycle Co. Fixed Gear, Serotta CSI Custom, Bianchi Campione del Monde, Cervelo P3 Carbon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Humongous
A friend of mine dropped out at the last minute and offered me their place in the rideau lakes cycling tour. I said hells jess I'll take it, its been sold-out since mid-March.

...well I've never ridden more than 50k in a single ride before, and that was not exactly at a fast pace. I'm not looking to win anything, just want to enjoy the ride.

What kinds of gels/bars do you recommend? should I get a 2nd bottle/cage or ditch the bottles and use my camelbak? anything else I should take with me?

anything i should do to prep for this tonight? tomorrow morning?
Sounds like great news.

It's kind of late for us to be making recommendations on what you should eat. But try to eat things that seem appetizing to you. PB & J's are a safe bet along with bananas, Clif bars, Hammer gels, Hammer liquid fuels. I mean I'm just throwing stuff out there because I have no idea what they offer at the aid stations.

Look over your bike, get a good night's sleep and don't worry you'll have fun!

Oh almost forgot I would make sure you take vitamins (anti-oxidants) and have a good protein source so you are ready for the next day. And once again when you are done with both days. I caught a cold after my first century. Your immune system will be compromised and you will have to boost it as part of your recovery.

Last edited by Vireo; 06-05-09 at 03:31 PM.