View Single Post
Old 06-07-09, 11:51 AM
mkeller234
Rustbelt Rider

Bikes: 1990 Trek 1420 - 1978 Raleigh Professional - 1973 Schwinn Collegiate - 1974 Schwinn Suburban

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked 372 Times in 177 Posts
Yesterday I planned out a 35 mile route through rural Ohio. I wasn't familiar with the area so I typed out turn by turn directions, mapped the route and took off. Ohio has this thing where they don't like to put road signs in the country.... so naturally I got lost, twice. My ride turned out 52.4 miles according to my computer.

While I was riding I saw a Peugeot at the side of the road for sale. I pulled up and saw the owner of the home wrenching on a Raleigh twenty.... ok, I HAD to say hi to this guy. I'm glad I did, he was really interesting. He bought his first bike in the service and has been riding and wrenching for a long time. Some highlights of his collection were an early 70's Raleigh International, A nice looking Lejune, A really cool old Louis Bobbit (sp?), a couple cool folding bikes and a really really nice Phillips 3 speed. He was curious about the bio-pace cranks so I let him try my bike out. I was at his house for nearly an hour and a half, he filled my water, we shook hands and I was off.

I passed through Marlboro, it was about 3x3 blocks square but it looked nice.

Almost 400 miles on this 1987 Brooks and still no signs of breaking in, ouch!

This is a pretty nice looking seat cluster, it is WAY better looking than my Professional

Not as nice as the international, but I really dig the look of it.

"(@)'(@)"""''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)