Old 06-07-09, 01:14 PM
Bearonabike

Bikes: Jamis Aurora, Fuji S10S (X2), Jamis Coda

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Do you agree with Richard Schwinn?

This is a post I placed on the Road forum and I got a set of responses that were "curious" to me. I am posting here to see how C&V (the other area I read/post) fans feel on the subject.

===============================================================================
Below is a quote from Richard Schwinn, owner of Waterford Precision Bicycles and grandson of THAT Schwinn. When I heard this at: http://www.terrybicycles.com/media/podcasts/Schwinn.mp3 (a bit past half way through), it hit me that this sums up one reason why I stepped off my aluminum road bikes and went back to steel. I truly like the feel of the steel bike under me. The light bikes make me feel like my ride is about to come apart under my saddle.

Do C&V riders agree or disagree?

"What less sophisticated riders are more concerned about is weight, and the first thing that they will do is figure out how much this thing weighs, and that is going to become a surrogate for all the other properties, all the other indicators of quality...what real professionals really want is something that is going to hold up, something that they can ride with confidence..."