Old 06-07-09, 05:32 PM
RichinPeoria
175mm crank of love

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by patentcad
I told Grumpy I wouldn't blog about the Nyack Ride, because you idiots are not worthy of Nyack Intelligence (there's an oxymoron right there) and besides, you have belittled the Nyack Ride too often. Yet I feel it's important to report on this experience, if only to curtail any potential misinformation any of you may attempt to disseminate in your ongoing efforts to hamstring Pcad's Street Cred.

So Grumpy comes down, and we head over to Nyack to do the Ride. We started out with Unckie Don and Gsteinb (Gary was just stretching his legs for the first hour of the ride, he was racing later). The ride was highlighted by two separate cop cars pulling us over to lecture us for impeding traffic. Add in the police car bullhorn tongue lashing they got in Piermont and you have three police encounters in one 45 mile ride, which is to my knowledge a new Nyack Ride record. So that's something. The ride was surprisingly fast today, but the cop car stop and the minor crash just before Scratchup made it easier (we all got a breather right before what is typically the harder sections of the ride).

Anyway, we both finished with the lead group, Grumpy really stayed with them (I dropped off in the last 500 meters on the final climb, I was toast) and a good time was had by all. And don't get me going about the Velo Vixen by the Runcible Spoon with the garter belt. We tried to get cellphone pics, but she rolled out too fast.
Oh yea! another Nyack ride report! I know I cant live without them