View Single Post
Old 06-08-09, 05:01 AM
kazanja

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
thanks, good advice

some good advice i have taken on board, im 45 to answer a question, i used to do a lot of exercise about 20 years ago but its only been the last couple of months ive been doing longer rides, have commuted on a mountain bike 6 miles each way. on saturday i done a really tough ride in Northumberland where i live 65 miles with lots of hills a real tester and i took on board some of the things you all said, good breakfast about an hour before, enegy drink and bar during the ride and after a protien drink and something to eat within half an of getting back and i felt great on sunday and good today. So hopefully ive cracked it, i think i was getting into the diet thinking use the calories and try to loose weight, not eating after a ride but as someone pointed out i was feeling hungry all the time and i probably picked for the rest of the day with incorrect food. thanks for all the ideas, i have now bought myslef a supply of bars, drinks etc and hopefully feel fit enough to ride more and that in turn will help me loose weight or more inportantly the middle aged spread!! ive got 8 weeks to get the fitness up as i am doing a long ride over 4 days 350 miles.