View Single Post
Old 06-11-09, 08:05 PM
rudetay

Bikes: Serotta Colorado III Track (Renyolds Ouzo Pro Aero Fork, Dura-Ace to Mavic CXP-14 wheels, Sugino crank, Thomson and 3T the rest), Steelman Cyclocross (Campy Record 10, Deda Newton & Thomson stuff)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Geordi Laforge
but the need for a setback should have been met with the geometry of the frame in the first place. A setback is for when a stock frame doesnt fit exactly.
Adding to the already mentioned fact that the Thomson still has less set-back than a normal seat post, have you ever run a Brooks saddle? They have much shorter rails than most other saddles. In some cases requiring a more set-back seatpost to achieve the same saddle position as you could get with a non-brooks saddle.

I really like that bike

Edit: Also I'll say that I run a similar bottle set-up on my Serotta for the summer and it's great. They're easy to grab from that position and you don't have to worry about clamping stuff to your frame if it isn't drilled.

Also, Hirohsima's bike is sweet. But, is there an extra chainring sitting on the inside of the crank?