Old 06-12-09, 05:54 AM
adriano 

Bikes: http://velospace.org/node/18951

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by cal_gundert05
I plowed into a car today. I don't feel like drawing the event, but here's what happened:

I've been messing with my brakes lately, and I guess I left too much brake cable between the brake arms; I'd noticed that it took a while to stop, even with the brake lever touching the handlebars, but I stupidly kept forgetting to fix it. So I was riding downtown, taking the lane because there isn't a bike lane, and I was approaching an intersection, where the light just turned green. I thought the cars would start moving quickly, but they didn't, and by the time I started braking it was too late; I swiftly hit the back of a big, stationary 'City of San Luis Obispo' pickup truck. I hit it straight-on, and wound up standing over my bike. No dents in the truck, nothing wrong with my frame or front wheel, and I'm fine. I talked to the driver, who was very concerned about me and not the truck, but I said everything was fine and we parted ways.

I think this thread is firmly engrained in my subconscious, because I yelled 'FFFUUUCCKKK' before I hit the truck.

That's three mishaps for me--all of which were entirely my fault.
do you have a helmet?

α