View Single Post
Old 06-14-09, 07:46 PM
wahoonc
Membership Not Required

Bikes: Giant Excursion, Raleigh Sports, Raleigh R.S.W. Compact, Motobecane? and about 20 more! OMG

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by noglider
Don't get me wrong. I love IGH's, and I'm very happy to read about the resurgence and the new offerings out there now. I'm eager to try a modern one, with narrowly-spaced gears. I still have an AW in my parts bin and don't know what I'll ever do with it. I suppose I'm keeping it out of sentimentality.
I am riding the hell out of mine The bike I currently have with me is my Raleigh Twenty with the AW hub on it. I probably have more miles on the AW than any other combination of bikes. I rode one over 15,000 miles in a 4-5 year period. Still have it and still ride it on occasion. I guess it boils down to what works for each person. I can ride a 24 speed at a fairly constant cadence and then swap to a 3 speed that you have to mash.

Aaron

ISO: A late 1980's Giant Iguana MTB frameset (or complete bike) 23" Red with yellow graphics.

"Cycling should be a way of life, not a hobby.
RIDE, YOU FOOL, RIDE!"
_Nicodemus

"Steel: nearly a thousand years of metallurgical development
Aluminum: barely a hundred
Which one would you rather have under your butt at 30mph?"
_krazygluon