Cfd
Lives2ride

Bikes: Surly Crosscheck

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Velo Dog
My office backs onto a riverfront MUP that runs 10 or 12 miles. I used to jog it at lunch, but now I'm more inclined to ride. Even so, when I'm king, bikes are going to be banned, except for kids. I'm just tired of jerkoff cyclists blowing past children and old ladies in walkers at 25mph, and tired of them seeing how close they can come to people who are obviously casual cyclists, just out to see the river. There are three or four bike/pedestrian crashes a year out there, and they're invariably caused by some jackass cyclist going three times as fast as traffic.

One of those TrialthGeeks actually killed a lady on our MUP here some years ago, so I can see your point, but it seems a bit extreme to ban bikes because of a few jerks. These guys (they always seem to be male) never call out or use a bell (added weight y'know) on the trail.
Annoying as it can be, I always slow down when approaching peds & dogs so that everyone will survive the collision if it happens.
No doubt that many folks seem wholly oblivious to the hazards of MUP walking, but I really don't want to hit any of 'em.