rog
militant buddhist

Bikes: '08 Scott CR-1 Pro, '02 Jamis Nova

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ken Roberts
Looking at that route, the first thing I notice is that you ignored the advice of two responders about avoiding rt 35 for going to the Amboy bridge.

Next I notice that you chose some obvious streets which have high traffic volume and lots of sections with parked cars, and stores where cars frequently turn in and out: notably St George Av / rt 27, perhaps also rt 35, also a section on Morris Av / rt 82.
I haven't gotten a chance to look at his map (it's not loading for me, the server keeps timing out - I'll try again tomorrow), but really, St George, while it has a lot of traffic, isn't dangerous, so long as you have your head about you. And where it picks up 35, from there over the rt 35 bridge is basically my commute home. Not much to look at, but I've never had any problems riding that route.

Originally Posted by Ken Roberts
That route crosses rt 22 at one of the (several) difficult points: some of the most difficult traffic-handling in the whole state.

Finally on rt 36, the route goes very close to one of the prettiest short road segments on the whole Jersey shore, but without using it - (maybe that guy who claiims the rt 35 - 36 corridor has lots of beauty will point it out -- hopefully along with some other suggestions).

Ken
Are you referring to me? Ken, I don't think I suggested that rt 35 - 36 was anything special to look at. Feel free to go back and tell me if I'm wrong about that.