Old 06-18-09, 05:00 PM
viscount
Viscount

Bikes: Mercian, Viscount x2, Holdworth La Quelda, Gundle Trade Bike, Williams/Mercian Tourer, Itera,

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Picchio Special
Well, I guess then by inductive logic ... no wait! Actually, the fact that you've seen "numerous" examples of sloppy brazing does not entitle you, logically, to infer that all Italian bicycles are sloppily brazed. How exactly am I supposed to "listen to the case" when you never bothered to make it? You simply dismissed an entire nation's bicycles with a single - very patronising - set of comments. As if there aren't numerous examples of sloppy brazing from other nations - I've seen some Dawes that would make your hair curl. And I can't recall an Italian bike that was accompanied by the obligatory phrase "death fork." Have a look in the mirror, Mr. Viscount (which is, in fact, what the old saw "pot calling the kettle black" is really about - you chose to make it about something else, not me.) It's also interesting that you toss your former Italian girlfriends in with Italian consumer goods like cars and bikes, and I'm alleged to be "patronising." Bottom line is, you're initial post was one big stereotype - neither accurate nor artfully expressed - that well deserved the response it got from me.
You are just a little bit over the top here Mr Patroniser.
First my Italian girlfriend (one that is) has no connection with bikes, cars, or you. So don't use her as part of your frenetic spoutings. I 'tossed' my ex Italian girlfriend into it to show that I was not anti-Italian. Think about it.... (Before you spout might be good advice) You asked for logical argument but didn't listen when you heard it. Patronisation is not something that sits easily with me. Stereotypical or not, (not sure you understand the term actually) I am entitled to air my views without insult I think. So calm down and speak without malice is my advice. You are very capable of making a fool of yourself by the look of it and I do not want to enter into this sort of exchange willingly. But I will stand my corner against anybody....

My 'inferences' are in your head, and whether or not my original post was artfully expressed or not has nothing to do with anything except what is in your own sad head.
All on BF has to be 'artfully expressed' to satisfy you???
Or you have the right to insult me?
What?
You are a God or something.
You think you are Goerge Bush or something!!
Get real man. Grow up & don't be silly.

PS What is the definition of inductive logic? Tell me without looking it up on Google please.