Old 06-19-09, 06:41 AM
jfmckenna
Tiocfáidh ár Lá

Bikes: A whole bunch-a bikes.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 463 Post(s)
Liked 123 Times in 76 Posts
Sorry guys I really am. We worked incredibly hard on this event and you can imagine how disappointed we are that no one wants to come. I know it conflicted with some other races but those other races are 4 and 5 hours from here and strangely their registration numbers are low relatively speaking for the area. We tried to guage responses from people here on BF and all over the area, 'will you come to a race if we put it on?' We had an overwhelming yes response so we are a bit confused as to what went wrong. It's quite possible that we are to remote a location to support a bike race. People simply may not want to travel here especially when there is another race in their every day locations. And we overlook that because if we want to race our bikes then we always have to travel at least 3 hours since there is no local races here, Roanoke being the exception. It's also possible too that people don't want to race in the mountains, I don't know?

Anyway we have so much momentum that none of us want to call the quits so we are going to regroup and see if we can't get the August 29th date.