View Single Post
Old 06-19-09, 07:09 AM
trueno92
Building a better Strida

Bikes: bianchi brava 1988. fuji track 2007, 2006 Bianchi Pista, 1987 Miele and a strida knock off

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by tdot-miele
I've ridden out there along wilson avenue before... no hills and pretty straight forward... just watch out for the truck traffic around hwy ramps
ppl say wilson is okay, but unless ur the master of skitch and trucks are ur friends, i find even car traffic pretty intense along there sometimes. not to mention the road is really really rough the few times i'd been on it.

fwiw, i finally got out to la bicicletta, last night. I have ridden with jeff on the donut before but didn't know he worked there. Tony figured out the wheel inside out just over the phone where other shops would give you the "cosmic........ carbone... yes, just buy a new one, its only $675 clearance"- usually in a funny accent, like when u play mario kart. so yeah, tony is on it and he seems real confident that i don't need a new wheel.. .. and that i won't have a boat anchor.. so fingers crossed.

Kergin: that 100 wheels to get it right, why isn't that made a sticky.....?!?! wish i had known that sooner!!

Last edited by trueno92; 06-19-09 at 07:17 AM.