Old 06-20-09, 02:42 AM
javal

Bikes: Monark sportser 1970, Monark sportser 1970ish, Monark folder, Mustand 1985, Monark Tempo 1999, Monark 318 1975, Crescent 319 1979, Crescent 325 c:a 1965, Crescent Starren 2002 (hybrid/sport), Nordstjernan 1960`s cruiser.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
...at the end of the day it seems impossible for some to apprehend or accept that even italian bikes are just...bikes! The italian myth is made of small scale production (hard to come by) and the allround cycling culture in Italy. But, theres no evidence of things "hard-to-come-by" automatically are superior. Its only evidence of a pre-modern mode of production. A fair part of the "classic & vintage" is indeed an extension of hard to come by and small population.

I would say the myth is equal when it comes to italian football/soccer; the allround culture claims it to be top of the pops, but when looking at their national side and results over the years they claim few successes. But hey, people are very concerned about football in Italy...

This is an open forum. Obviously there will be disagreements. Me, I´m just baffled certain views gets discrimination and alleged to be non-valid. For sure, no one gets to be a better biker due to the brand...it would be bloody hard to prove anyway!