Luddite
Mrs. DataJunkie

Bikes: Asama "Luddite" and Kuwahara MTB from the 90s

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
"You'll blow your knees out"

Today I picked up my hybrid after her warranty tune-up, anyway, the bike dude noticed my seat was lower than before. He got me to do the "fitting" again and put the seat up a bit, he figured my wipe out last week bumped the seat down somehow.

I rode outside and immediately hated the higher seat. I felt like I was suddenly, well, much higher on the bike (duh) and I could only tippy-toe on one foot when my feet were off the pedals, that freaked me out so I went back in and asked him to lower the seat a little. He said the seat was at the perfect height for me (checked my knee position etc etc) but lowered it a little for me, since I asked. He then said "don't pedal too hard" I was confused by his statement. "wha??" "You'll blow your knees out with the seat that low" and made a "explody" motion with his hand.

Umm..I rode countless bikes that were never adjusted for me as a teenager etc and didn't "blow my knees out" though I have patella femoral syndrome in both knees (coincidence.) Anyway, is what he said true?

Legions of people out riding right now are mere miles away from blown knees?!?

Last edited by Luddite; 06-21-09 at 11:45 PM.