Old 07-12-02, 06:30 AM
RainmanP
Mr. Cellophane

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally posted by Maelstrom
I haven't ever tried them. I will probably mount them next year on a xc bike I inytend to buy. The downfall is the sizing. Generally they are made for little people and after some cursurary searching I haven't been able to find any in my sizes.
Huh (scratching head)? Pedals don't come in sizes. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I LOVE my Egg Beaters. I like the first pair so much I immediately bought them for my other two bikes. The first day or so was a little learning process. You can clip into any of the 4 sides. As the cleat contacts the pedal it kind of automatically rolls forward and clicks in. Being used to Looks I seemed to be using a motion that was not allowing the pedal to roll. As soon as I adjusted, clicking in became about as automatic as a clipless pedal can be. You never have to even think about pedal position or which side is up. Just slide your shoe onto the pedal and "click". Did I mention that I LOVE Egg Beaters?

For those concerned about float they do have some, and it is not adjustable. I can assure you that this is not an issue since what is there feels perfectly natural. And although the pedals look small I have not experienced any kind of hot spot. It's almost like they are not there. Unclipping is easy, but I accidental release seems nearly impossible.
FWIW,
Raymond