Old 06-22-09, 11:08 AM
mtnbke

Bikes: '92 22" Cannondale M2000, '92 Cannondale R1000 Tandem, another modern Canndondale tandem, Two Holy Grail '86 Cannondale ST800s 27" (68.5cm) Touring bike w/Superbe Pro components and Phil Wood hubs. A bunch of other 27" ST frames & bikes.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
I think its kind of funny how obsessed people get about whether their vanity frame is made in Italy.

In my mind some of the best bikes in the world are made in the USA. America has the best custom bike builders in the world, hands down.

Wanting a 'real' Italian steel bike is like being a beer snob. Its beer, not wine. Instead of worrying about 'who' actually built your Olmo, Colnago, or De Rosa look for a Litespeed, Merlin, or Seven instead. It will be ten times the bike.

So much of the 'italian' thing, at least when it comes to frames, is pure vanity and ethos (The Colngago C40 and c50 maybe being the exception).

The truth is that America has put out some of the best frames ever.

I could care less whether a frame was really made in Italy. That Cannondale is going to to Taiwan, now that is something to lose sleep over.