Old 06-28-09, 07:57 AM

Bikes: Two Robin Mather custom built tourers

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
We have toured in a lot of places (30 countries now) and been remote for up to 1 week at a time and in spots where the electricity goes off 2-3 times a day or people just don't have a lot of electricity but even then, I can only think of a handful of times where the computer battery ran totally dead and we were unable to do anything. Now, I type quickly (that helps!) and I have learned to prioritize my work so I write journals first and edit photos only if I have a lot of power. Otherwise they get saved for when we are plugged in. Maybe slow typers who want to do it all every night would need more power. Personally, even though I love blogging and I love writing and recording our trip, I find that at the end of the day I don't normally have the enthusiasm for more than 1/2 hour on the computer. I know you have sponsors to entertain but I really think that even in India/Nepal/Bangladesh, you will find hotels/cafes where you can ask someone for a place to charge your stuff. What kind of things are you going to do for your sponsors anyway? Are you going to carry a sat phone too? Internet connections might be a bigger problem than charging.