Old 06-28-09, 10:32 AM
cranky old dude

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by doctor j
OK, Cranky. You got the birthday ride covered, congratulations The report was nice as well as the pix. You always do a great job in this regard, but inquiring minds want to know, are you 75 or 85 or something in between????
Funny man! I turned 58 back on the 19th.

Originally Posted by cyclinfool

Here's to ya Lenny!
One thing though, How can you pass that close to Dino-BBQ and not stop! Were going to get one in Troy soon, I'll probably gain 10 lbs... I'll have to ride over to Troy for lunch just to break even.
That is exactly where we had lunch. You're right, it's darned good food!

Originally Posted by Mojo Slim
There is something strangely odd/romantic about recumbants. I love those three wheelers. The guy on the road bike in the 4th picture looks out of place. Nice pics. thanks.
That guy rode alongside his dad who piloted one of the trikes. I rode on and off with them to about the 70mile point at which time they slowly dis-appeared into the distance as they rode on up ahead of my slowing fat self. They are both very strong riders.

I had kind-a sort-a trained for this by doing a few 60 miles rides on my heavier LWB Recumbent and I was concerned I wouldn't be able to hole the group pace during the first 3/4 of the ride. I must have trained properly as I had no issues at all. Even dragging my butt in at the end, I finished ahead of a lot of other riders. I'll be much less nervous going in to next year's ride.