View Single Post
Old 06-30-09, 01:20 AM
Chop!

Bikes: GoBike, Long-john, Strida III, Oke Ja recumbent, Brompton, Moulton, BSA, Strida 5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for the positive comments, just going to get my first look at it this morning,
I'm told it has no gears
The lady of the house is not a cyclist so she didn't know if it's a fixie
The 3 day holiday is looking a bit dodgy for several reasons
Just took Glenda, my GF to Glastonbury with "The Noisettes" (pronounced Noise-Ettes) where we enjoyed a great time (on full pay ) saw Tom Jones, Madness & Echo & The Bunnymen, as she is self-employed, she now cannot come next weekend & work & see her kids
It is starting to look like I too will be working this weekend. Grrr! Rock n Roll!
Having checked the route, the A14 is a seriously dangerous trunk route (even for a bicycle)
the alternatives are very narrow & hilly, too dangerous to be pushing a rickshaw up the many hills & the brakes need some attention.

BTW EvilV, the bus company I work for is based about 40 miles from the seller, I was never intending to ride it 277 miles in 3 days! Faint!!!!

So I'm having to scale my epic ride down a bit, possibly pick it up today, give it a good check lube etc (it hasn't been ridden in at least 7 years) then do a few shorter rides & try to ride it to the vintage rally (if it is safe to leave it there un-attended) If I don't have to work, I'll give kids rides for donations to charity.

I aim to add electric assist at a later date so that I can use it for weddings, proms etc I also need to make a transparent wrap around curtain/windscreen to keep my poor victims dry in our unsettled weather.

I'll keep you all posted.

Safe riding!
Site for the Rock& Roll Tour Bus that I drive.
Chop! The mad Welshman, lost in the urban jungle somewhere between LLanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch and Vladivostock!

Last edited by Chop!; 06-30-09 at 01:25 AM.