Old 06-30-09, 08:34 PM
Servo888

Bikes: k2 Zed 3.0

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Scott AFD 502 | Good Story + Pictures!

On my quest to find a 56cm frame, I ran into a guy trying to sell his Scott... Very friendly guy, had lots of things to say. So I put together a short pic + quote page for you guys to enjoy.

I bought the bike in Europe (Schwinn is marketed in Europe as Scott). I bought it from a bike mechanic that was working for the Belgium Pro team Lotto. It was used in their developmental team (younger riders working their way into the pros). It was 100% pro circuit legal (as of 2000). And, until this year was ONLY professionally maintained.

I have taken this bike with me thru 7 different European countries and it did do the Paris curcuit just before the finish of the Tour in 2001. The longest daily ride I have taken it on was over 150k. The top speed I have had it at was 120 kmp coming down one mountian. It is tremendously reliable and would ride it any place any time.
Of course I went to look at this so called bike. First thing that came to my mind... Yes, it's a Scott, and crap it's heavy.

He also says...
The rear hub was replace to a Sora, duralex with a deep well rim and extra heavy spokes in a sunray pattern. I used to road ride through the mountians and this gave a lot more power to the rear and stability.

Chromo Steel, why the hell is it still so heavy?... Rear wheel doesn't help .

... And, until this year was ONLY professionally maintained.

Shimano RSX100 Group. The steel is tig welded, my guess it's from the mid 90's probably 1996 or 1997. I would love to learn more about the bike though, anybody have information?

$150, how did I do?