Old 07-01-09, 01:01 AM
cc700
Ths Hipstr Kills Masheenz

Bikes: tirove

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
So today a courteous lady stopped and yielded to me as I was standing about to walk my bike across a crosswalk... a marked crosswalk. The ****er in the curbside lane behind her (with two extra passing lanes nonetheless) decided that she should not have stopped for me and started blaring her horn. I let the car go since I had not entered the cross walk... and seemlessly changed my gesture from the one saying "go ahead, thank you" directed at the courteous and careful motorist to pointing at the offending honker and gesturing with another arm motion as if to say "and you, ****ing ***** mother****er, i'm in a ****ing crosswalk here- wtf are you thinking honking at someone who is doing exactly what they're supposed to do?"

So hopefully that ****ing snotbrained lunatic woman learns a lesson and realizes that:

1) honking is illegal unless to alert someone of your presence, not a 'get out of my way' signal

and

2) before you honk at someone you'd better be damn sure the person you're honking at is doing something that is either illegal or unsafe.

if they're doing something that is both safe and legal, you'd better hope the person they're keeping safe isn't holding a hard projectile and has the self-restraint to not use it.

my patience wears thinner by the day it seems.